Drone scanning for site analysis
- August 18, 2018
Design Challenge: The Nitro Circus team was looking to find a suitable venue downtown Las Vegas for a new permanent show concept. They asked me if I could create an accurate 3D model based off a handful of sketchy CAD PDFs that lacked any dimensions or consistency. After trial and error, we then decided to explore the options of hiring out a drone scanning expert , True Point Laser Scanning, to model interior of the building so we had a detailed 3D model to work from.
Client: Nitro Circus, Dave Mateus
Project: Whiskey Throttle Theater
- Creation of a scale 3D model of the existing Bally’s Theater in Las Vegas, NV.
- Analyze the site to create a test-fit scenario to make sure the ramps, equipment and spacing will fit on the stage and in multiple configurations.
- Develop Hi Res renderings of multiple concepts showing the potential scene treatments and layouts.
- Design and development of branded environments for selling to potential sponsors
- Adding 3D characters and custom lighting packages to the scene to breathe life and action into the visuals
You can catch the latest updates on the project here.